The epidemiological picture of the country is crucial because of increased daily occurrence of the young coronavirus, after hospital of Attica to reach their limits.
The number of new infections in recent days is revived scenarios for further containment measures, which provides the opportunity for a closer local loxckdown in Attica.
The announcement that we are in a very critical phase of the pandemic was sent by the Deputy Minister of Civil Protection, Nikos Hardalias, under information from the Ministry of Health on the development of Covid-1
“In our country, we are in a very critical phase, especially in Attica, and even more so in the center of Athens, where, as we said in the previous review, we are in “orange”“, Deputy Minister of Civil Protection noted.
For his part, the professor at the Medical School of EKPA, Gikas Majorkinis, clarified that it exists logic to avoid horizontal actionand stressed that the possibility of a new suspension has not been discussed in the expert committee of the Ministry of Health.
“The prioritization of socio-economic activities“while taking its expected performance to reduce the epidemic,” stressed, among others, Mr Majorkinis.
At the same time, the country’s healthcare staff is sounding the alarm for the continued increase in the number of patients admitted to the ICU.
As pointed out by the Deputy Minister of Health, Vassilis Kontozamanis, in Attica there is 107 ICU beds available of which occupied are 62 and there is a plan to increase them.
At noon on Tuesday, the Secretary-General of the Federation of Hospital Doctors of Greece (OENGE), Panagiotis Papanikolaou, announced that General meeting of doctors of the State of Nice “states that with these conditions for understaffing, infrastructure, etc. The hospital can no longer accept confirmed cases of Covid-19».
More than 350 dead in Greece
EODY announced Tuesday 346 News case coronavirus in the country, of which 23 associated with known confluences and 25 found after checks at the country’s gates.
The total number of cases is 15,928, of which 55.7% are men.
Of the total cases, 2,651 (16.6%) are considered to be related to travel from abroad and 6687 (42.0%) are related to an already known case.
In total 77 Our citizens are treated intubated. Their median age is 69 years. 21 (27.3%) are women and the rest are men. 88.3% of intubated patients have an underlying disease or are 70 years or older. 185 patients have been discharged from the ICU.
Finally we have 8 still registered deaths and 352 deaths in the country as a whole, of which 131 (37.2%) are women and the rest men.
The median age of our dying citizens was 78 years and 96.9% had an underlying disease and / or 70 years or older.
The “map” of new cases
- 25 cases during the controls at the country’s gateways
- 3 imported cases that came voluntarily for testing
- 210 cases in the Attica region, of which 6 are related to known outbreaks, while 10 report a new trip within the country
- 19 cases in PE Thessaloniki, of which 1 is associated with a known influx, while 2 report a new trip within the country
- 11 cases in PE Kozani, of which 1 is associated with a known confluence
- 7 cases in PE Samos, of which 6 are connected
with known confluence
- 9 cases in PE Trikala, two of which are associated with a known confluence
- 6 cases in PE Heraklion
- 5 cases in PE Argolida
- 5 cases in PE By Achaia
- 5 cases in PE Imathia, two of which are associated with known confluences
- 4 cases in PE Pieria
- 3 cases in PE Corfu
- 3 cases in PE Larissa, two of which are associated with a known confluence
- Three cases in the prefecture of Halkidiki, two of which are associated with a known confluence
- 2 cases in PE Grevena
- 2 cases in PE Ioannina
- 2 cases in PE Kastoria
- 2 cases in PE Kilkis
- 1 case in PE Kos
- 2 cases in PE Lassithi
- 2 cases in Xanthi prefecture
- 2 cases in PE Pella, of which 1 is associated with a known confluence
- 2 cases in PE Fthiotida
- 1 case in PE Evros
- 1 case in Ilia Prefecture
- 1 case in the prefecture of Thira
- 1 case in the prefecture of Kavala
- 1 case in the prefecture of Kefalonia
- 1 case in PE Corinth
- 1 case in the prefecture of Rethymno
- 1 case in Prefecture of Serres
- Three cases are under investigation