The first volume of Barack Obama’s presidential memoir will be published in Norwegian – and 25 other languages - on November 17 this year.
The book is called “A Promised Land” – and today the cover was published. It should look like in all countries where the book is released.
Barack Obama himself writes on Twitter that there is nothing like finishing a book.
– And I’m proud of this. In “A Promised Land”, I try to give an honest account of my presidency, the forces we are fighting with as a nation and how we can heal our division and make democracy work for all, the former president wrote on Twitter.
He also says he wants to give readers an insight into how he and Michelle Obama personally experienced these years.
– In the book, I have also tried to give readers an insight into how Michelle and I personally experienced these years, full as they were of incredible ups and downs. (…) In addition to being entertaining and informative, I hope more than anything that the book can inspire young people across the country – and the world – to take over the baton, let their voices be heard and do what they can to create a better world, said Obama in a press release.
It is not known when the second and final volume of the memoirs will be published, but according to the plan, Obama will go on a big book trip – like his wife Michelle Obama in connection with her book 2018.
Michelle Obama’s book “Becoming” sold as many as 1.4 million copies in its first week alone – and has now sold over 10 million copies, according to the BBC.
Read VG’s review of the book here! Hot and swollen
The couple got together the most golden edge agreement ever for the president’s memories. They signed in 2017 with publisher Penguin Random House – and the deal guaranteed them $ 60 million.
In Norway, it was Cappelen Damm who secured the agreement with the couple, and in light of Michelle Obama’s crazy sales figures, they have sky-high expectations of the president’s book.
– It’s not easy for Obama to get after his wife’s book – at least if the goal is to sell more books. But there is every reason to be optimistic, says editor of the Norwegian publication, Erik Møller Solheim in Cappelen Damm.
He is one of the few in the world who has actually read the book.
– I can not reveal anything about the content, but the quality is as expected sky high. Obama is a writer, he writes himself, and has previously written two critically acclaimed books. This book naturally fits into the authorship he has started on, says Møller Solheim.
Michelle Obama about Donald Trump: – He has obviously taken water over his head
There is particular tension over what Barack Obama will say about the political situation in the United States today.
– Even though this book is about growing up and his first time in the White House, everyone will probably read it in light of the situation the United States is in now. It can be read as an indirect comment on this, says Møller Solheim.
According to the publisher, Barack Obama tells of his journey from “identity-seeking young man to the leader of the world’s most powerful country, and shows, filled with personal details, both what shaped him as a politician and the great moments during the first period of his historic presidency – years full of turbulence and dramatic change. “
Psst! Barack Obama was the 44th President of the United States. He was elected in November 2008 and served for two terms. He has previously written two New York Timesbestseller, “Living a dream” and “Courage to hope”and was awarded the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize. He lives in Washington, DC with his wife Michelle. They have two daughters, Malia and Sasha.
VG Discount Codes
A commercial collaboration with kickback.no